Wednesday 10 July 2013
So Far So Good
So we have looked at the situation that got us to this point in time. To clarify for those that haven’t read the proceeding blogs:
1. In 2002 TDC chose an unknown with no development skills instead of a known architect who had offered a swimming pool and an arts area.
2. The formal offer was written on the headed notepaper of a local estate agent.
3. The chosen developer was the front man for SFP Venture Partners probably based abroad.
4. TDC has never proved Shaun Patrick Keegan is really Shaun Keegan nor have they ever identified where he lives.
5. The chosen partner for the Hotel (Whitbread) had pulled out less than a month after they were proposed as lead partner.
6. Many TDC Councillors said their choice was swayed by Whitbread being on board.
7. The architects FRC Fewster didn’t last long enough to apply for planning permission.
8. The proposed builders Featherstone Construction went bust.
9. Planning permission was submitted by the Robert Leonard Group on 28th November 2003.
10. Planning was approved on 28th January 2004 without any Public Consultation
11. SFP Ventures (UK) Ltd was incorporated in January 2006 to give the developer credibility with TDC.
12. An agreement was entered into in 2006 between SFP and TDC to build one item was a Bond of £5.6M to protect TDC. SFP were unable to find anyone to underwrite this Bond.
13. A new agreement was negotiated in 2009 agreeing to cancel the Bond in exchange for a £1M surety. This was paid by way of Lichtenstein, Geneva, and the Nat West Bank.
14. The money seems to have been paid by SFP Services (registered in Geneva) and managed by Colin Hill, Shaun Keegan’s son in law.
15. The £550K for the leases seems to have been paid from the same source.
16. SFP Venture Partners is 100% owned by SFP Services run by Colin Hill a serial land banker.
17. SFP say they have the money and they have spent £5m so far.
18. SFP say the Council are being obstructive.
19. Rumour says Estate Agent and builder both need the project to succeed.
There you go summary up to date. Following it so far
There are some people that believe that TDC has lost all credibility with the electorate and there are Councillors that believe it as well.
Many believe that Shaun Keegan doesn’t even exist, certainly there is no documentary evidence of his name and address, funnily enough the estate agent didn’t check his details either “I left that to my solicitor” was his response when I asked.
The pressure is mounting on TDC and the build deadline is less than 7 months away.
An impasse has developed between TDC and Keegan, one with an eye on the ballot box and the other concerned about their “land banking “scheme getting away from them.
So People of Thanet what do you want to happen next?